Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Review: Felix And The Prince by Lucy Lennox

Felix and the Prince (Forever Wilde, #2) by Lucy Lennox
Amazon
Novel: 320pgs

4 Pants Off

Blurb: FELIX -
Things I expect to find at Gadleigh Castle:
- Rare stained glass, the subject of my dissertation.
- Peace and quiet, to finish said dissertation.
- An escape from the paparazzi swarming around my starlet mother’s latest blockbuster release.

Things I don’t expect to find:
- A hidden door leading to a secret room.
- The most gorgeous man I’ve ever set eyes on.
- Love.

LIO -
Things I know are expected of me in life:
- That I will one day soon become the King of Liorland.
- I will marry a nice woman who will become queen.
- I will provide heirs to my family’s monarchy.

Reasons that might be difficult
- I’m gay.
- I’m falling in love with Felix Wilde.
- He has no idea I’m royal.


Review

FELIX AND HIS FOOL

The second book in the “Forever Wilde” series and what a cute one this was. While not overly amazing, I still found it freaking cute and it made my heart feel super happy. I enjoyed Felix and the Prince so much more than the first book.  

Felix Wilde wants to go study the beautiful stained glass at Gadleigh castle and he’s finally getting his wish. He’ll finally get to immerse himself in all the greatness and learn about glass making. Another upside is getting away from his mom and the hell she brings each time she has a new movie release. Gadleigh Castle is everything he’s ever dreamed of more, and it’s just so wonderful to be there. Things get better when he runs into a handsome stranger, and it seems he doesn’t only get to look upon beautiful glass but also a beautiful man. 

Prince Lio has to get away. He’ll be coming into to the throne sooner than anticipated because his dad couldn't keep his dong in his pants. Becoming King means Lio can’t live his life authentically, a King is to marry a woman and produce heirs. Lio likes men and he knows he’ll have to put away his feelings and live for his country. One last getaway to his favourite place will help clear his mind but life has a way of messing with you. And soon Lio is looking into the eyes of pretty stranger and he knows he’s well and truly fucked. 

This begins a relationship that nothing good will come from. Lio hides his title because he’s never met anyone who didn’t know who he was and being with Felix is so brand new and genuine, but Lio knows he’s only in it to get laid because feelings can’t play any part in their relationship. But the heart wants what the heart wants and Felix and Lio come to realize that walking away has never been an option. 

As I said a really cute story with cute characters. Lio and his kingdom dilemma makes up the entirety of the plot. In the beginning I was sympathetic to Lio’s plight and by the end there, I was thinking he a darn fool. His dad out there getting young tings pregnant and he’s mooding all over the place and taking the weight of the world on his shoulders. Uptight, mans was being a little too uptight. Felix was your typical nerd, likeable and sweet. He lacked self esteem with a dash of Usian Bolt (always running) and was more doe eyed than sexy man.  

Enjoyed the book very much until the close to the end where it took on a case of, over dramatic. The end was drawn out and too much unnecessary stuff was happening, which took away from my enjoyment. This series already passes that which is realism and I find it goes out of the way to be just a tad bit outlandish and I am trying to understand the need for it. So 90% in I was already over it, and just wanted it to end. 

Overall, a sweet addition to the series, and even with all my complaints I found it entertaining and very feel good. A solid 4 Pants off and well earned!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!