For all of you who missed my announcement, you cant check out the post titled Taking A Chill Pill. I am going on a little hiatus to gather myself and comeback bigger and better than ever. So look out for it.
Here's whats causing a pants losing this week...
- The Flesh Cartel Blog Tour: Interview & Giveaway with Heidi & Rachel about their explosive new serial
- Review: for Men Like Us by Brita Addams
- Review: The Prince of Winds by Tali Spencer (Reviewed by Fehu)
- Review: The Island by Lisa Henry (Reviewed by Buggy)
- J.P Barnaby Guest Post: Aaron Blog Tour
- Review: Sight Unseen by Hunter Raines
- Review: Saving Sean by Con Riley (Reviewed by Hannah)
- Review: Love In Plain Sight by Susan Laine
- Review: A Most Unusual Courtship by Nancy M. Griffis (Reviewed by Fehu)
- Review: The Wishing Book of Barnaby Sloan by Jenna Jones (Reviewed by Fehu)
- Review: The Flesh Cartel: #1 Capture by Rachel Haimowitz & Heidi Belleau
~Schedule subject to change~
Torquere Press, the first GLBT Romance epublisher, is open to GLBT romance submissions in all categories. Click here for current open anthology and special calls.
Torquere Press focuses on GLBT romance, exclusively. We publish all the sub-genres of romance -- paranormal, contemporary, western, suspense, etc.. We do require a happy ending, whether that ending is happily ever after or happy for now.
All submissions to Torquere Press must adhere to the following guidelines or they will be discarded unread.
All submissions must contain gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered characters. While works do not need to be graphic, they must contain romance and focus on the interaction between characters. Acceptance preference will be given to stories with fully realized romances and a high level of sensuality.
All manuscripts must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in either .doc, .txt, or .rtf format.
- Novel - 45,000 words and up
- Novella - 20-45,000 words
- Novelette - 10-20,000 words
- Short Stories - Under 10,000 words
All submissions must
- be spell checked and edited for grammar.
- be single spaced with a space in between paragraphs. Indents at the beginning of paragraphs are not necessary. Any submissions with severe formatting problems (ie: blocks of text with no paragraph breaks, illegible fonts) will not be read.
- labeled in subject line of email as a submission, and include the anthology name if applicable
- include a word count and a brief synopsis of the work.
- all spelling should be in American English
- include a short bio of the author along with the author's contact information. Authors may use a pseudonym for their work, but we will need full legal names and contact information for contracts. All information will be kept in the strictest confidence.
We are primarily looking for homoerotic stories in all genres. We are not looking for sex without characterization. Plotty, sensual character-driven novels are our focus. We are currently actively seeking menage stories (m/m/f) and sensual, sexy gay novels (m/m).
We will not accept stories with pedophilia; incest or those containing rape for titillation or other gratuitous violence. We will not accept stories with bestiality (relationships with animals occurring in natural life not including shapeshifters). We will also reject stories that are clearly a copyright infringement, including any that have been converted from fan fiction or that are based on TV shows, movies, or literary characters. We do accept simultaneous submissions, however we require you to update us if there is any interest in your submission from another publisher or if it is accepted elsewhere. We do accept multiple submissions.
We are not currently seeking m/f/f romance.
Unsolicited manuscripts are accepted at any time. Please remember, however, that current projects take precedence, and while we will acknowledge all submissions in a timely manner, it may take some time for one of our editors to review your work. Please allow 3-8 weeks for a response.. All accepted works will need to be provided to us as an electronic file, and please note we are now using electronic contracts.