Thursday, December 27, 2012

Review: Acceleration by Amelia C. Gormley

Acceleration (Impulse #2) by Amelia Gormley
Self-Published
Novel
4.5 Pants Off

Blurb:
GAINING MOMENTUM

Gavin Hayes is everything Derrick could ask for in a lover. Gorgeous. Passionate. Great in bed. Derrick finds it very easy to just let himself go, to let Gavin guide him and teach him all the things he missed during a decade of celibacy. In the course of a single weekend, Derrick’s routine is transformed, his mornings and evenings filled with sex. Sweet, seductive, wild, or raunchy, Gavin offers Derrick all the pleasure he’s denied himself for so long.

But learning how to be a lover in bed is one thing. Learning to be one out of bed is another. For Derrick, being alone has become habit. Sharing his confidences doesn’t come nearly as readily as sharing his bed. After so many losses, the last thing Derrick wants is to become dependent upon another person who might not always be there.


And Gavin always being there is far from certain. With an ex-lover lurking in the background, and the question of Gavin’s future health still outstanding, neither Gavin nor Derrick feel capable of asking for anything more than right now. But Gavin won’t be kept on the fringes of Derrick’s life. Can Derrick let someone in before the opportunity passes him by?

Review:
I am blown away! Where I found the first book in the series goodish, this one was excellent. I did not want it to end, and Gavin and Derrick are INTENSE. I am excited for the next book and man am I impatiently waiting.

 In Impulse book 1, contractor/handyman Derrick meets Gavin whom he finds very attractive. After spending many years celibate and alone, his attraction is both exciting and terrifying. Plus, Gavin is coming on strong and Derrick was finding it hard to resist to him. Then Gavin drops a bomb that blew up their fledgling relationship before it even got started.

Both men are dealing with past hurts, and this terrifying reluctance to trust each other. Gavin's previous relationship has left him emotionally and quite possibly physically damaged. Derrick’s fear of being abandoned has him keeping Gavin at arms length (giving but never quite giving all). He hides things that affect them both, and he is wary of the day that Gavin will up and leave him. Which is interesting, based that Gavin might be seriously ill and Derrick has this past of caring for ailing people.

The men do this tango of sex and apprehension, and man was it beautiful to read. I really liked Derrick, his fears were sound and I felt like sometimes he was backed into a corner. They were moving at a speed that just felt too fast, for where their relationship was at. It's only been a few months and expectations seemed excessively high, and sometimes both were asking for too much.

I thought there would have been more angst (doom and gloom) but I found it very sweet, and of course sexay as hell. This was hot, hot and Gavin delivered his superior Dom like a boss. I was both impressed and excited in my pants by the amount of awesomeness. It’s as if the author planed to unleash all the sexy in book two "I will wait and then I will kill them with utmost exceptional ass eating scenes ever written". I really believe that was the plan :D

The writing is superb, the care that went into it, is in every chapter on every page. For a self-pub, it really can't get any better than this (it really can't). Acceleration is definitely going on my fave list of 2012; it was a wonderful surprise in awesmazing. Also, that freaking cover *squee* EXCELLENT!

Should You Read It? Yes, yes, and more yes. Blew me out of the water because I was expecting to like it, not love it. Worth taking a chance on. I am eagerly awaiting the third book in the series; Derrick and Gavin have captured my heart and have caused some mega pants losing.

4.5 Pants Off


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!