Monday, November 21, 2011

Menage Mondays: The Strongest Shape by Tessa Cardenas


Hello all and Happy Monday, welcome to another installment of Menage Monday. This week post is pretty freaking awesome. I am so happy I got to read this gem of a book. Talk about color me surprised, this one is going down as one of the best books I read in 2011. So without further rambling I present The Strongest Shape by Tessa Cardenas.


This Ménage book is super awesmazing, like where has it been all my life. It’s the strongest ménage relationship book I have ever read. This is no couple and a third, this is a true trias (yep, my made up word) its fecking dynamic. I believe this is the author’s only book, and I am like “whaaaat”  she should write more. I never expected it to be so good, and have me losing my pants all over the place. At page 26, I was a goner and from there I literally lost my mind. Excellent stuff!

 
                               The Strongest Shape by Tessa Cardenas
Novel: 232 pages
4 out of 5

Blurb: After his boyfriend breaks up with him, fashion photographer Caleb Moss finds himself alone in Los Angeles looking for work and friends. He finds both in a group of aspiring musicians, who offer help through their connections. But while building a strong friendship with Scott and Chris, a startling sexual tension flares to life among the three men, and Caleb is afraid the new friendships will fall apart.

It won't be easy for Caleb, trying to find his way when Scott and Chris invite him into their relationship. They face criticism from their friends, but they'll struggle to stay together because they have discovered a three-fold love.

Thoughts: I absolutely loved this book. The sex was a little too much (yeh I just wrote that); I think without all the nakedness this would have been an almost perfect book. The dynamic of the relationship is strong, though Caleb entered into an established relationship, this is no couple and it’s third. It’s a relationship involving three people. There is no sex when one is not present, they can’t sleep with each other. It’s actually quite sweet, it does offer up some angst and a few obstacles but nothing to take away from the story. I recommend this read if you want to read a ménage a trois.

4 Pants Off

Always Remember "3 is never a crowd and one more is always invited"

4 comments:

  1. Oh, sounds good. Added to my TBR pile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one but haven't read it yet. So many books, so little time. :(
    *squishes*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know right so many books.... Doing this Menage Monday really helps me read most books I would normally look over.

    Thats why challenges are really great. Yep, this book was awesome, a lot of sex but still awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and talk to me!