Monday, September 26, 2011

Blacque/Bleu

Blacque/Bleu by Belinda McBride
Loose-Id
Novel
5 out of 5
4/5 PL Scale

Blurb:
Genre: LGBT Vampire/Werewolf Paranormal

Lukas Blacque is a deeply closeted werewolf, and almost more than anything in life, he desires his neighbor, Oliver Bleu. Oliver is a vampire who is slowly dying from insomnia. More than anything, he needs Lukas Blacque and the rich blood that flows through his veins. On the day that Blacque makes an important commitment to his family and pack, he also succumbs to temptation and agrees to a passionate weekend with the alluring vampire. At sunset on Friday, it's all about urgent lust and the drive to lose his virginity. When the sun rises on Monday, lust has shifted to love and devotion. He's not sure he can walk away, even for the commitment he's made. He's even less sure Bleu will let him go. In Blacque's world, vampires and werewolves make uneasy bedfellows, and a gay werewolf is an impossibility. In Bleu's world, all living creatures are little more than vessels for food and sex. But in the mysterious and magical town of Arcada, the unexpected is always waiting right around the corner. Now Blacque and Bleu just need to survive long enough for Arcada's magic to work for them. 



Review:
THE COVER: I just love it, it’s all mysterious and sexy, and the back shot of the guy in front is just very sexy. The guy at the back with the tats, he is also looking very yummy. The moon and mist makes it all very mysterious, and adds a bit of danger. It goes quite well with the story; the moon and the dark are after all apart of the lead characters.

Hands down, this has to be the best PNR I have read including a werewolf and vampire. This is the first one I have read including a vamp/werewolf who fall in love. I was utterly captivated by the first few pages. The author manages to tap into these men emotions so perfectly, and their suffering became my suffering. Even though the tone of the story was somewhat sad, at most times I had a big goofy smile plastered to my face.

Lukas who goes by Blacque is werewolf, a car mechanic, and he is also gay.  He knows this because he has never been attracted to a woman and his vampire neighbour turns him on. Blacque has never been with a man either, so he is a virgin in everyway. His appearance scares most people he comes in contact with; he has the tattoos, piercing, and the face to make people think twice about messing with him. Yet, he fears embracing his sexuality because it could lead to his downfall. When a night out; leads to him hooking up with the vampire of his dreams. It seems like his whole world has found balance, he doesn’t need to wonder anymore, a man in his life is the one thing that will make things complete, a woman sure wont do.

Oliver Bleu is a vampire and he is slowly dying. He cannot sleep through the day and he is slowly losing the will to live. His sexy werewolf neighbour is giving him something to think about though, but Bleu knows a relationship with the shifter will eventually lead to him breaking his heart. A night together with Blacque is hot and the wolf makes him want things he never thought possible, but a life together is farfetched because in wolf culture homosexuality is frowned upon.

Things become interesting after their night together, it seems Blacque’s father wants grandchildren, and for him to become Alpha of the pack. All the things Lukas doesn’t want. The one person he needs he can’t have, and his life seems out of place. These characters become two sad individuals, two very sexy sad individuals. I laughed when they did, I cried when they did, and I was a little hot under the collar when they would hook up.

This book has a beautiful story, and what happens when two people from different worlds collide.  There are really only two sex scenes, and they are very good, it really is character driven story and every character introduced stand out, yet they fail to take the spotlight of Blacque/Bleu. I was transfixed by the detailed writing, the beautiful complexity of the story, and the fact that this is no quick “wolf meets man they are mates, they live happily ever after”.

As I said best M/M PNR I have ever read, and I hope to read other just like this. I hope everyone will fall in love with Blacque/Bleu the way I did. I hope this is not the last I see of these characters; they make my head spin and want more of them.

Oh man did I forget to mention 'cock ring' (prince albert) how dare I. I think its my new fave thing. These characters are absolutely YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!