Sunday, December 11, 2011

Winter Warmers


Winter Warmers by Various Authors
Anthology: 148pages
4.5 out of 5

Blurb:
Baby, it’s cold outside! Beat the chill with Winter Warmers – a seasonal anthology

Mulled wine. Butterscotch kisses. Hideous sweaters. Candy at the beach, or a trip to a sex shop in Amsterdam. And the man of your dreams, wrapped around you…

Winter warmers come in many shapes and sizes, from the tongue-in-cheek to the hot-as-hell. Enjoy a quintet of heart-warming tales of men loving men from Clare London, Chrissy Munder, JL Merrow, Josephine Myles, and Lou Harper that are guaranteed to leave you with a smile on your face.

One thing’s for sure—it’s going to be a red-hot Christmas!


Review:
I am so happy I read this book, even though anthologies are my least fave to read. Well I have no complaints, I loved this book every freaking story had me grinning, and getting feelings in my heart. A perfect Christmas read, about the joys of the holiday. It could have been all ‘happy love is all we need’ but each story had a little something more. Every story has a uniqueness that stand on its own. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one.

Lucky Dip by Clare London
We find Andrew Jackson a teacher preparing for the school’s annual Christmas party. The stress is high and the kids are rowdy but he can’t disappoint them. When he is paired with his ex-boyfriend Gregg who dumped him a few weeks before. Andrew is feeling like things can’t get any worse. When both men get locked in a storage closet they both have to face the feelings they still have for each other, and Gregg has some grovelling to do.

This story was super cute. I loved the kids and Andrew is this clumsy and sweet man. Greg seems like a go-getter, all suave and charming. I really liked the theme of this one, lovers finding their way back to each other over the holidays. It’s definitely the tamest story when it comes to sex, but what it lacks in hot sure makes it up in cute.

Butterscotch Kisses by Chrissy Munder
Mathew Morrison is the shy guy, not as outgoing as he wants to be. He is determined over the holidays to get over his fear of heights. He feels that he can make the climb to the top of the hill and kick fear in its butt he will finally get the confidence he lacks. A series of attempts prove unsuccessful, but the 'cute ticket guy' surely lifts his spirits. Mathew decides to try his fear conquering on one of the coldest and its cute ticket guy to the rescue.

I enjoyed Mathew. He is such an endearing character, he will so definitely capture you heart. I wanted him to have everything he wanted. His determination might even have given him a chance at love. This story was super sweet.

Wintertide by Lou Harper
Two men have a meeting at a Santa Monica Pier just weeks before Christmas. Jem a young man finding his way in the world, and Oscar the older man slowly making his way from losing his partner of many years. Their meeting leads to a night of hot sex, and a little misunderstanding on Jem’s part that might keep them apart. This novella stood out to me, it has a small paranormal aspect to it but nothing that is too unbelievable. I loved that Oscar’s POV was included, it made the characters richer and in the end, you wanted them to both find happiness and love with each other. This story made me sad and happy at the same.

When In Amsterdam by Josephine Myles
I am seriously jonesing for this one. I loved this sexy little Christmas kink story. Brandon is visiting Amsterdam with his new boyfriend Jos for their Sinterklass celebration. It’s a new and budding relationship but you can tell that both men feel strongly for each other. There is the shyness from Brandon who feels that he might not be able to offer what Jos needs sexually, but he blows that out the water.

It is…. I can’t even find the words, but it’s my absolute favourite in the entire anthology. I loved the diversity with which you always find in Josephine’s writing. I love the interracial love, just makes the story so much more.
I am just in love with this one, an awesmazing job.

A Pint of Beer, a Bag of Chips and Thou by J.L Merrow
Last but certainly not least is my second fave short in the anthology. It’s quirky and its fun and I love the witches. Liam is the only man in a house full of women, making it by playing the sax at King’s Cross-station. There is a man who always captures his interest, but can never find the opportunity to make a move. When his mom and Aunt’s give him some crazy Christmas gifts, Liam might actually land the man he has had his eye on.

This was super cute and funny, with a mix of sexy. I loved all the quirky characters and the playful dialogue, definitely a winner by J.L Merrow. It was a joy to read.

Overall, this anthology was super awesome. There is a story in here for every reader. Each one offers its own unique writing style and though the theme here is all about Christmas, none of the stories can be compared to each other. It’s the erotic, meets the sweet and in comes the sexy. This one caused a whole lot of pants losing, and I am still at this moment searching for them. It will warm your heart and have you burning in other places. Fantastic!



4 1/2 Pants Off




2 comments:

  1. Hi Darien, I just wanted to let you know how happy I am you enjoyed this anthology. Best find those pants, though - the weather is getting cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Chrissy!

    I have given up on pants, I always seem to lose them ^_-. Great book, you guys did and awesmazing job.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and talk to me!